Abandoned vehicles

Report an abandoned vehicle

If you need to report any type of abandoned vehicle (including motorbike, van, trailer or caravan) please call 0300 300 8302 or email customers@centralbedfordshire.gov.uk.

We will need to know the:

  • make
  • model
  • colour
  • registration plate
  • location
  • condition

We can check with the DVLA to see if the vehicle's owner has paid road tax and arrange for a waste services officer to investigate. Please note: if the officer doesn't consider the vehicle is abandoned, it cannot be removed. This process is only suitable for potentially abandoned vehicles and does not apply to nuisance vehicles, vehicles causing an obstruction or neighbour parking disputes.

If a vehicle is untaxed but not abandoned, you can report it to the DVLA (link opens in new window). It's no longer a legal requirement to display a physical tax disc on a vehicle, but you can check tax online (link opens in new window).

Find out more about untaxed vehicles on GOV.UK (link opens in new window)

Back to the top